BI/Data Visualization Sr Data ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 916099 Date posted: 11/20/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, &/or provides technical leadership to high visibility projects to identify & resolve issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interfaces regularly w/ Sr Mgmt to produce timely & valuable results.
- Directs the development of outcomes & process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, & evaluation.
- Builds & maintains complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, & software written by self & others.
- Tests & maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds sophisticated statistical models & forecasting tools using these databases.
- Designs & enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective & user-friendly.
- Develops reports w/ accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs.
- Designs & generates tracking & monitoring tools.
- Designs research plans for data gathering & analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses & developing action plans accordingly.
- Defines & frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues & develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, & ideas into effective strategies & action plans.
- Formulates specific implementation plans & evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented. Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely w/ IT & outside partners (& physicians for TPMG Depts).
- Sets the strategic direction of projects.
- Determines goals & priorities w/ team, clients, or project Mgmt sponsors (when appropriate).
- May coordinate team/project activities & schedules.
- May establish team membership & project participants, provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manage work of outside consultants when used.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, & various Sr level audiences (including physicians for TPMG Depts).
- May participate in the development & Mgmt of the Dept, including coaching & recruiting for consultants/analysts & other departmental activities.
- KP conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, KP reserves the right to reevaluate & change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum five (5) years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Master's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field required, or equivalent bachelor's degree and two (2) years additional work experience in lieu of a master's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems.
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Proven leadership in consulting and, for some areas, project management. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years with experience in designing and developing reports and dashboards using BI Tools like PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau or other similar data visualization tools. (Experience with multiple BI tools desirable.)
- Five (5) years with experience in building data pipelines and models for reporting and dashboarding, using datawarehouse applications and writing SQL queries.
- Five (5) years with experience working with business leaders and stakeholders at all levels in a client facing role. Strong business analysis, communication and collaboration skills required.
- Five (5) years with experience with data consultation and analysis.
- Experience delivering training to small groups desirable.
- Understand operations, communicate with clients, translate business requirements to functional/technical requirements and build products (reports/dashboards/visualizations) using BI tools like PowerBI/Cognos/Tableau to support business processes.
- Provide data analysis, consultation and training on both data and technical tools.
- Provide technical expertise on BI software/Data Warehousing applications.
- Act as first point of contact for resolution/escalation of technical problems and support all aspects of BI production and development environments. Take ownership, evaluate existing BI products, plan and implement process improvements.
- Some of the unique challenges this position will face include acting as a SME on BI product/Data across healthcare-finance applications.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!