Clinical Nurse Specialist, L&D
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
- Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
- Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
- Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other health care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
- Defines and implements best nursing practices. Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
- Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect competencies.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Delete this text and Enter a Function.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of clinical specialty required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in a clinical field of nursing or a clinical field related to nursing including but not limited to psychology, public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited master's/post master's nursing academic program.
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing by date of hire.
- Current BLS certificate required.
- May require a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
- ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.