Clinical System Engineer
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Conducts independent work in support of all phases of the clinical technology lifecycle.
- Manages multiple moderately complex individual projects and/or simple projects.
- Monitors emerging technologies; reports on healthcare related technology trends; assess new healthcare related technologies; disseminates healthcare related technology information as appropriate across the Kaiser Permanente enterprise.
- Develops equipment configurations in consultation with user groups and strategic partners.
- Leads the production of 3-5 year clinical technology forecasts and strategic plans for service area, regional, and national purchasing plans. Conducts cost-benefit analyses.
- Leads consultative support to the regional and national Clinical Technology leadership in the development of service maintenance contracts; data analysis, technology assessments and forecasts, and other forms of customized consultation.
- Leads the deployment of clinical technology in new and existing care delivery environments; provides technical and environmental requirements; assists with the reviews of facility construction plans, templates; assists with the reviews of startup equipment lists; assists with equipment installations as needed.
- Leads system assessment, design, implementation, and support strategy for clinical technology IT networks and integrations within service areas, regions, and/or across the enterprise.
- Leads the reviews of FDA and non-regulatory Hazard Alerts to determine appropriate level of response in collaboration with the National Product Recall Management team; consults with operational leaders, risk managers, and facility directors to ensure compliance at the service area, regional, and enterprise levels.
- Leads incident investigations and equipment performance analysis.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.