Communications Consultant V, Grant Writer/Editor
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Grant Writer/Editor position represents an essential component of the Division of Research’s grant proposal effort. This position ensures DOR’s ongoing financial success by writing, rewriting, and/or editing to help researchers produce grant proposals and manuscripts that are clear, persuasive, and responsive to funders’ priorities.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for developing and translating the communication strategy for large and complex projects, creating and driving internal communications plans and content, supporting and advising leadership in the development of communications, and collaborating across stakeholders to coordinate communications.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and evaluating recommendations made by others.
- Leads the implementation of communication efforts by consulting with stakeholders on change management and implementation strategies; assessing effectiveness of communications and making modifications as necessary; monitoring key performance indicators and ongoing effectiveness of communications; ensuring communication plans are implemented on time, on budget, and within agreed upon specifications; and performing strategic issue management on a 24-hour/on-call basis as needed.
- Leads communication activities by providing support to internal and/or external stakeholders; managing and maintaining vendor relationships; defining and communicating the KP brand to ensure positive reputation and recognition; ensuring communications align with KP standards; and ensuring communication activities and performance metrics are documented and tracked.
- Leads communications by writing, editing, and producing complex content for KP communications programs and projects; proofreading and coordinating production of communications materials; ensuring final placement and distribution of materials; updating content on client-specific and internal/external channels; and ensuring content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand and editorial guidelines in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Leads the development of strategic communication plans by consulting with clients and stakeholders to identify business objectives, key performance indicators, and communication requirements; gathering and analyzing data and information; obtaining input and resources to fulfill communication plan objectives; ensuring plans are aligned with the organizational strategy; managing project schedules; providing input into budget; identifying and leveraging appropriate audiences and channels; influencing stakeholders on strategic direction, and providing strategic support on a variety of organizational initiatives.
- Manages complex projects or project components by coordinating stakeholder contacts; assembling team based on project needs and team member strengths; consulting in the development, analysis, and management of project plans; and coordinating project schedules and resource forecasts.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in internal communications.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in communications, writing, marketing, or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience creating and executing stakeholder management plans.
- Two (2) years experience supporting leadership communications.
- Four (4) years professional experience in community management and the development of social media content.
- Four (4) years professional experience in the development of digital or multi-media content.
- Two (2) years in health care or another heavily regulated industry (e.g., Banking).
- One (1) year experience managing operational or project budgets.
- Three (3) years experience working in an organization with union represented employees.
- Four (4) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years experience working in a matrixed organization.
- Three (3) years experience in change management or communications support.
- Masters degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field.