Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Conference Intern, UndergraduateLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 867129 Date posted: 02/11/2020
National Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (NEID) leads the implementation of Kaiser Permanente's equity, inclusion, and diversity strategy, developing key initiatives and providing expert consultation throughout the enterprise.
- Intern must be able to work 40 hours per week from June-November 2020 as the conference (major project) occurs in mid-October
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year with a degree focus in Business Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, or Public Relations & Communications
- Open to learning and development
- Organizational and coordination skills
- Comfortable with technology/software
- Strong customer/client services and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize data
- Flexible and adaptable to work within project changes
- Experience or interest in events, marketing, or communications desired
The Intern will primarily support the 43rd annual National Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity conference execution with supervision. The intern will support attendee invitation list administration, attendee registration, conference e-mail box management, coordination of creative print materials, event logistics/administration, event survey and analysis. Other departmental duties as assigned.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.