Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Consultant, Strategy & Corporate DevelopmentLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 770712 Date posted: 01/31/2019
This position is responsible for supporting strategic planning and corporate development activity with a focus on analysis and project management including for care delivery strategy and M&A opportunities. The Consultant will be an essential asset to the team and provide high-quality analytical leadership and project management support to assist in the execution of transactions, corporate development and care delivery projects. The Consultant will be a full contributor to the team, developing and assisting the team with the evaluation and assessment of opportunities, and the development of recommendations.
- Provides analysis of transaction trends and valuations for health care markets and researches and prepares profiles of organizations and markets of interest (e.g. hospitals, health plans and physician groups).
- Objectively analyzes and interprets data and information that might be complex or not fully/well-defined.
- Requires creative thinking and approaches to unearth accurate, timely and applicable information.
- Acts as a sounding board for data/information validation.
- Maintains and manages relationship with external and internal data/information sources.
- Responsible for independently developing and preparing presentations for senior level audiences that define and frame complex issues.
- Continuously challenges assumptions to improve work products. Critically reviews all materials with the aim of generating thoughtful, final materials.
- Provides project management support. Independently develop project plans and timelines and assists in the coordination of project teams.
- Plans and facilitates meetings. Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors in both written and oral formats. Develops creative, alternative solutions. Recommends action steps.
- Demonstrates interest and curiosity to explore new areas and comfort level with ambiguity
- Actively seeks to stay current and understand healthcare industry trends and specific project-oriented topics as needed
- Effectively and efficiently manages multiple projects while exhibiting strong independent problem solving skills. Demonstrate initiative and independence in work assignments. Ability to influence others.
- Advises and mentors analysts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in corporate business development, merger & acquisition/transactions, strategy, provider contracting, health care product management, or consulting
- Bachelor-s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Finance, Economics, or related field
License, Certification, Registration
- MBA, MPH or other advanced degree desirable.
- Understanding of KP business processes and Medical Center operations is desirable.
- Knowledge of provider contracting terms and common issues.
- M&A experience
- Ability to independently define, structure, and execute complex analytical exercises.
- Possess solid problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to structure projects with uncertain (or yet to defined) outcomes.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Ability to lead meetings comprised of multi-disciplinary teams
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.