Consulting Data Analyst - (Part-Time) R, Linux, LaTeXLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 815815 Date posted: 07/31/2019
- Design, implement, document, test, and maintain
user-friendly R software to manipulate, analyze, and simulate complex
- Understand, validate/debug and improve R code written by
- Ensure tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Communicate programming progress and obstacles
requiring input/support from team members.
- Develop documentation and reports of results with
accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Minimum one (1) year of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA; net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations
research, or related field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Strong ability to apply analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work
within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
1. Design, implement, document, test, and maintain user-friendly R software to manipulate, analyze, and simulate complex longitudinal data
2. Understand, validate/debug and improve R code written by others
3. Ensure tasks are completed accurately and on time
4. Communicate programming progress and obstacles requiring input/support from team members
5. Develop documentation and reports of results with accurate, easy to read, useful information
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with parallel computing and package development in R within a Linux environment.
- Experience writing documents with LaTeX and using version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Experience with multivariate regression analysis and statistical modeling of longitudinal healthcare data.
- Experience in programming algorithms described in technical documents that use mathematical notation.
- Prior exposure to causal modeling and machine learning.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.