Consulting Master's Intern
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze relevant information and data, develop hypotheses and insights, identify opportunities, propose options and define solutions to enhance the
member experience and address healthcare costs.
- Perform advanced analyses and problem-solving.
- Offer suggestions and recommendations based on data and reasoning to help drive decision making.
- Anticipate and prepare for questions, concerns and next steps.
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility when significant new information or change in direction is provided.
- Perform as part of small, fast-paced teams with interdependent workstreams that need to be coordinated and integrated frequently.
- Offer insights, support teammates, seek and offer help and constructive criticism when needed, and take accountability for the team’s success.
- Coach and mentor peers and junior team members.
- Partner with subject matter experts to leverage their knowledge and credibility.
- Build relationships and influence peers, partners and senior leadership by using data-driven insights, presenting clear and compelling information, and delivering on commitments.
- Play a key role in bringing stakeholders together to gain cooperation and support, and to negotiate differences.
- Distill large volumes of data and research into concise and intuitive written communications, presentations and discussions tailored to specific audiences.
- Develop reports, dashboards, white papers, PowerPoint decks and other artifacts to inform stakeholders and executives and help drive planning and decision-making.
- Provide transparency in sharing information about approach, expectations, outcomes, risks, issues and limitations. Exhibit comfort and competence under questioning.
- In collaboration with project managers, develop approaches to prepare, support and help individuals, teams and organizations make the changes required to execute new processes, policies, approaches and initiatives.
- Rely on curiosity, structure, hypotheses, research, data and analysis to discover insights and define opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate business needs and craft feasible and sustainable solutions.
- Have a commitment is to solving the problem, not to implementing a specific solution.
- Are adept at maintaining focus and being undeterred by ambiguity, complexity and organization dynamics.
- Are comfortable working through the tension created by competing ideas.
- Are action-oriented and offer suggestions and reasoning for confirmation rather than seeking open-ended guidance.
- Are experienced in communicating with different audiences.
- Possess project management skills and business acumen to drive diverse projects and workstreams encompassing broad sets of activities to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 2 years' experience in related role
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest