Building on Experience
From designing what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health of millions.
CRE Director Cost EngineeringLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 800432 Date posted: 06/18/2019
Establishes standards and provides professional estimating, cost engineering, and project control activities for Kaiser Permanente construction and/or refurbishment projects for hospitals, medical offices, regional buildings and other medical facilities. Responsible for all phases of estimating, cost engineering and project control functions to include but not limited to: budget/feasibility, conceptual, preliminary, and final construction estimates; contractor bid reviews; change order reviews, analyses and negotiations; alternative analyses evaluation; productivity analyses; and use of cost estimating computer technology where applicable. Develops and implements project cost engineering standards and procedures. Establishes the project work breakdown structure.
- Develops, directs and manages KP-wide construction cost engineering, project controls, scheduling and estimating services, methods and systems to support the annual capital budget including construction of new hospitals and medical office buildings and/or modifications to existing KP facilities.
- Monitors quality and timelines of project cost activities such as field estimating, productivity analysis and budget forecasting and provides necessary senior management reports.
- Ensures consistent use of KP estimating and cost engineering standards and procedures by developing and tracking processes and training.
- Identifies industry cost engineering methodology trends and best practices, adapting and implementing for KP as appropriate.
- Directs the development and maintenance of cost model and cost model parametics related to cost engineering.
- Coordinates scope and integration of services with Contracts and with team leadership (Executive Directors, Team Managers and Project Directors).
- Directly supervises all California Cost Engineering and Estimating personnel.
- Manages selection of third party consulting for peer reviews, estimating and pre-construction services.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of total experience in cost engineering and/or design and construction.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a management role overseeing related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. electrical, civil, mechanical, structural, etc.), architecture or construction management.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years in healthcare preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certification through AACE International and/or ASPE required preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Construction Careers
A leader in care since 1945, Kaiser Permanente has accrued a wealth of knowledge about building better hospitals, and we've also accumulated one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country. When you join our team, you build upon our experience and grow your own. With remarkable tools and resources at your fingertips — including massive online data systems that store everything from blueprints and templates to building codes and models — you'll make informed and accurate decisions right down to the last detail.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.