Building on Experience
From designing what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health of millions.
CRE Financial/Cost AnalystLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 870259 Date posted: 03/02/2020
- Primary focus of this position is on preparing accurate financial transactions and system input for capital projects and/or facility operations.
- Prepares routine and non-routine project data input to the project mgmt/accounting systems.
- Under general supervision, reconciles and prepares project accounting information (opening, completion potential impairments etc.) with Regional Property Accounting.
- Provides input for cash flow forecasts and prepares routine and non-routine analyses for forecast reports for NFS
- Management and Regional Planning departments.
- Under general supervision, conducts performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
- With oversight, updates assigned financial reporting, prepare trending information and identify areas that may impact regional financial results for review by Senior Financial
- Analysts and/or Finance Managers.
- Prepares and/or assists in developing key management cost reports.
- Performs data analysis of cost trends and schedule impacts for review by Senior Financial Analysts and/or Finance Managers.
- Works with Property Accounting to ensure that project costs are provided in accordance with KP policies and procedures.
- Under general supervision, tracks project completion status, follow up with appropriate persons including both internal and external business partners for required documentation for project costs capitalization.
- Prepares accruals and journal entries for month end close on operating costs; researches unusual variances during month end close.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works on assignments of moderate scope.
- Works within accepted guidelines.
- Requires moderate planning and scheduling.
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of team and/or department objectives.
- Results usually contribute to the completion of projects and department objectives.
- Typical errors would cause moderate delays, inefficiencies and/or expenses.
- Typically involves interpreting and carrying out general guidelines.
- Requires some judgment to develop alternatives.
- Assume other duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of financial or project controls experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or other related construction management discipline, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Basic to intermediate level in computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email, etc.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a financial analysis and/or accounting role in architectural, design, contracting, project management or construction environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Construction Careers
A leader in care since 1945, Kaiser Permanente has accrued a wealth of knowledge about building better hospitals, and we've also accumulated one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country. When you join our team, you build upon our experience and grow your own. With remarkable tools and resources at your fingertips — including massive online data systems that store everything from blueprints and templates to building codes and models — you'll make informed and accurate decisions right down to the last detail.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.