Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Data Analyst, Predictive Modeling and AnalyticsLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 768536 Date posted: 02/05/2019
In this role, you will report to the Manager of Predictive Modeling and Analytics. Team members of the Predictive Modeling and Analytics team are responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop and train custom models and algorithms that drive business solutions. The predictive analytics team works on classification models, causal inference, clustering approaches, and time series methods to predict and understand which drivers impact membership growth.
The Data Analyst position will practice and leverage concepts of data science, using research methods, predictive analytics, data mining, machine learning and various statistical techniques to help solve business problems.
Active participation in a range of market strategy projects essential to KP's membership and margin goals. Market Strategy & Analysis Consultants provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to:
1) isolate business issues;
2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc);
3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, deep data analysis & programming);
4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership;
5) create documents (strategic segment plans, utilization reports) that inform critical strategic issues.
- Collect and organize data from mainframe files, data warehouse reports, vendor extracts, departmental spreadsheets and databases, and internet/intranet sites for easy use by internal business and analytical clients.
- Create and maintain databases as a tool for delivering data to internal clients.
- Use data to investigate identified business issue and to address hypotheses.
- Create more complex analytical views of data, identifying major assumptions and gaps.
- Develop preliminary conclusions- tell the story.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access and other databases. Must know how to manipulate databases such as MS Excel and/or Access, as well as manipulating reports and generating reports.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Bachelor-s or master-s degree, preferably in an applied math discipline such as statistics, analytics, econometrics, machine learning, computer science, engineering or other similarly quantitative subjects
Strong technical background in statistics
Strong data wrangling skills
Some exposure to building data science models
Coding knowledge in SQL, proficiency with visualization tools, and solid experience with Excel, R or Python (preferably R)
Communication and influential skills. The ability to explain yourself and your methods
l0 level1 lfo1>
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.