Data Consultant - Genomic Analysis, R, Statistical Analysis, EpidemiologyLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 817013 Date posted: 08/01/2019
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Builds and maintains complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using these databases.
- Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely with IT and outside partners (and physicians for TPMG departments).
- May coordinate team/project activities and schedules.
- May assist in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- May provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians for TPMG departments).
- Minimum three (3) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations
research, or related field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems required
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Analytical consulting experience in the healthcare field.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
- Duties include performing data management and statistical analyses on very large-scale genomic databases, including genome-wide association studies and related analyses, on a high performance computing cluster.
- Duties include performing a wide variety of statistical analyses used in epidemiologic studies on data drawn from KP clinical and research databases, combined with genomic data (from whole genome SNP microarrays, whole exome arrays and whole exome sequence data, as well as whole genome sequence data.
- Master-s degree in biostatistics or statistics; 5 or more years statistical analytic consulting experience; education or experience in public health or epidemiology research; Experience conducting analyses of genomic data, including genome wide association studies (GWAS) and related analyses.
- Experience using common software for genomic analyses.
- Knowledge of R is preferred.
- Experience with use of HPC for analyses
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.