Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Digital Product Manager III, Employee Web ExperienceLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 833179 Date posted: 10/29/2019
Maintains business requirements, user personas, and experience journeys related to MyKP. Responsible for QA and testing to ensure alignment with requirements. The product manager is a primary day-to-day contact with IT technology and development teams, and may serve as primary contact with internal or external resources related to UX/UI management and design.
The Digital Product Management Team drives our digital products through successive and iterative stages of discovery, definition, development, launch, and post-release support. At various levels of seniority, the Digital Product Management role serves as the voice of the customer, representing and reinforcing the customer's perspective throughout the product realization cycle. Positions within the Digital Product Management team assume responsibility for one or more digital product areas and are involved in the establishment and management of new and existing digital products and their capabilities. Digital product lines include generally all elements of the web and mobile space that are exposed to various types of consumers on the 'front end' (i.e. not including backend systems). These digital products are pivotal to the successful operation of kp.org and associated digital properties, including mobile, to ensure that our users interact with Kaiser Permanente in ways that they need to. The Digital Product Management job family has 6 defined Levels. This family encompasses positions regularly referred to with the industry standard terms of Business Analyst, Agile Product Owner and Digital Product Manager. Each of these positions builds on similar characteristics and skill sets, and each position has more senior versions depending on scope of responsibilities, including, for each role at higher levels, management responsibility. Different roles in the job family will have various impacts on the digital product lifecycle, from, at the most senior levels, broad oversight of digital products throughout the lifecycle, from initial ideation through growth and maturation, and including the advocacy for additional product capabilities or enhancements to existing capabilities, to the more junior levels focused on bringing digital products to life through requirements gathering and iterative development efforts throughout the lifecycle. All job family members must keep current with industry trends and best practices; emerging technologies; and security and privacy laws/regulations in order to ensure the ongoing soundness of their digital products. Communication skills among the Digital Product Management team members is critical, as team members frequently serving as a point of translation between business owners who are less technical and IT principals who are highly technical. Team members work closely with business customers both within the Digital Services Group (DSG) and with departments outside of DSG, including other shared services, KPIT, MSSA, Regions, Lines of Business, Compliance/Regulatory, Operations, etc. to ensure the development and maintenance of high value, high quality digital products. Above all else, the Digital Product Management function will ensure that the digital products brought to market meet customer (e.g., prospect, member, patient, broker, consultant, internal customers, etc.) needs and expectations.
Maintains business requirements, user personas, and experience journeys related to MyKP Gateway. Responsible for QA and testing to ensure alignment with requirements. The product manager is a primary day-to-day contact with IT technology and development teams, and may serve as primary contact with internal or external resources related to UX/UI management and design.
- Accountabilities and responsibilities may include:
- Planning and execution on digital product evolution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product, consumer and business requirements, defining the product vision, the product roadmap to satisfy that vision, and working closely with the engineering, support, and business teams to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Define capability requirements and partner with IT and business to elicit robust feedback around needs and support to drive the work forward.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- CSPO, CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC Level 5, or product-line equivalent certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of department policies, practices and systems.
- Solid understanding of industry practices, application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Complete understanding and broad application of principles, theories, concepts, practices, and standards in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Deep knowledge of digital design principles, work trends, competition, technical limitations in order to design products and relationships between suites of related products appropriately.
- A detailed knowledge of digital development process (a requisite in order to be able to parse down the work properly, frame/phase the work so that it can be implemented and rolled out effectively, to meet expectations, deadlines and budgets).
- Thorough understanding of internal customer needs in relation to product line.
- Completes and updates competitive assessment of product line on annual basis.
- Digital and/or health care work experience preferred.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (AEM, Target, Audience Manager,
Analytics, Campaign, etc.), Oracle HCM, and/or Microsoft Azure experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.