Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Director Accounting, Program Offices Financial ReportingLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 726059 Date posted: 08/10/2018
This is a key program-wide leadership role within the Finance community at Kaiser. This position is responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the combined Kaiser Foundation Hospital (KFH) and Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. (KFHP) entities are timely and accurately presented to management and to external reporting audiences by Program Offices Financial Reporting (POFR). This position will also ensure that timely and accurate management reporting is prepared with respect to geography, function and several other key metrics that are presented to senior executive leadership. This position also oversees the National Chart of Accounts (NCOA) and is responsible for management of the combined general ledger of KFH/KFHP.
This position will also partner and support the Program Offices (PO) accounting function and work closely with the Senior Director, Program Offices Financial Reporting and the Vice President, Deputy Controller in supporting a variety of key finance initiatives. These initiatives include accounting integration activities for acquisitions, process improvement for the financial close cycle including automation and efficiency efforts, new accounting standards, continued alignment for the use of the general ledger and focus on learning and growth opportunities.
1. Primary responsibility for monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation of program-wide financial statement data including internal management reporting and external reporting of combined GAAP financial statements for KFH/KFHP. Also includes oversight of certain program-wide accruals such as legal accruals.
2. Drive standardization for financial reporting across the program including chart of accounts usage, support for schedules used on a combined basis and alignment of reports used by senior management. Includes strong collaboration with various stakeholders including FP&A, regional and shared services controllers.
3. Lead team to prepare key documentation for senior leadership review including internal management report of operations (IMROP), program-wide membership information, anomalous schedule, balance sheet indicators and analytics, Program Office financial summary and Audit and Compliance Committee documentation.
4. Supporting learning and team development including training, rotational opportunities, and professional development.
5. Collaboration on process improvement and business value initiatives within PO Financial Reporting, regional and shared services team members to improve how information is prepared and shared between controllership teams.
6. Support oversight of National Chart of Accounts to ensure proper usage of general ledger accounts. Includes approval of new accounts, departments and cost centers across KFH/KFHP.
7. Ensure new accounting standards are appropriately adopted and reported in the general ledger.
8. Lead accounting integration activities for acquisitions including ensuring amounts are appropriately reflected in the KFH/KFHP combined financial statements and properly included within key internal management reporting metrics.
9. Provide leadership from a Controller perspective for other key program-wide projects.
10. Coordination with Executive Director, Technical Accounting on complex accounting matters.
11. Responsible for internal controls over financial reporting for the department as well as ensuring user access is appropriate including analysis of segregation of duties.
12. Support national accounting policy updates as appropriate.
13. Coordination with external auditors during quarterly review, interim and annual audit procedures.
1. SVP, Corporate Controller & Chief Accounting Officer
2. Vice President and Deputy Controller
3. Senior Director, Program Offices Financial Reporting
4. Program Offices Financial Reporting personnel
5. SOX PMO
6. Regional and Shared Services Controllers, Directors and Managers
7. Medical Benefit Ratio personnel
9. Treasury Controller and team personnel
10. Statutory and Regulatory reporting personnel
11. External consultants/auditors
12. National Financial Planning and Analysis
13. National Policy Department
14. Regulatory Authorities
15. Internal Audit Services
16. Legal Counsel
Purpose and frequency of contact for all above customers varies widely depending on accounting standard and specific regulatory reporting.
License, Certification, Registration
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.