Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Director, Benefits Compliance, Governance & AdvocacyLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 725074 Date posted: 08/10/2018
- Resource Mgmt: Manages the efforts of direct reporting, as well as matrix reporting, positions. Responsible for selecting, developing, & deploying personnel in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives. Responsible for performance Mgmt, compensation decisions, & providing on-going, regular developmental feedback. Influences & approves performance Mgmt, compensation decisions, & ongoing feedback for individual contributors reporting to direct report Mrgs.
- Acts on behalf of Dept head in his/her absence, & represents Dept head in meetings w/Sr. Leadership & union leaders.
- Issue Mgmt & Advocacy: Responsible for strategic issue Mgmt in assigned functional area & across the Benefits Practice. Proactively identifies & manages risks & issues related to projects & production operations relative to assigned functional area. Anticipates issues & trends through regular communication w/reporting positions, & mitigating risk, & resolves issues as needed w/minimal direction.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Provides broad content expertise, market expertise & thought leadership to benefits, HR, & labor leaders across the organization. Is both seen as a subject matter expert, as well as leads direct reporting & matrix reporting positions to increase functional expertise & keep abreast of legislative & regulatory changes & or market practices impacting the Benefits Practice.
- Project Mgmt: Responsible for Mgmt of project plans for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary projects impacting HR & the Benefits Practice, & for individual objectives or projects, as well as ensuring project timelines & objectives are met for projects managed by reporting positions. Champions projects & ensures resources are available, removes obstacles, & ensures priorities.
- Strategic development: Participates in the identification & development of objectives, goals, & strategy relative to functional area as well as across the entire Benefits Practice. Generally is engaged in the identification & development of objectives, goals, & strategy across the entire HR functional area.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership or management experience.
- Minimum nine (9) years of benefits or human resources experience with multiple benefits plans (retirement, spending accounts, and welfare).
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in managing retirement (qualified and non-qualified), and flexible benefit plans in the following environments: controlled groups, collective bargaining, non-profit and profit, and diverse combination of highly compensated and non-highly compensated employees.
- Expert knowledge of benefits and advanced knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Current knowledge of marketplace and organizational best practices.
- Extensive exposure to benefits design, compliance, administration, and/or communications.
- Comprehensive knowledge in functional area of benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of all types of employee benefit programs including defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, medical and dental plans, life and disability insurance, paid time off programs, cafeteria plans and flexible spending arrangements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of benefits experience preferred.
- Master's degree in human resources, business administration, or directly related field preferred.
- CEBS or similar benefits certification preferred.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.