Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Director, Internal IT Media & PublishingLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building E 5820 Owens Dr., 5820 Owens Dr., Pleasanton,California, 94588
Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building A 4460 Hacienda Dr., 4460 Hacienda Dr. Bldg. A, Pleasanton,California, 94588
Green Street/IDS 99 S. Oakland Ave., 99 S. Oakland Ave., Pasadena,California, 91101 Job Number: 849840 Date posted: 12/02/2019
- Acts as a communications adviser and strategist.
- Marshals resources and creates materials to build communications awareness, understanding and credibility of national strategies and supports the ultimate goal of effectively delivering, promoting and protecting Kaiser Permanente's brand and reputation.
- Develops integrated (internal and external) communications plans for the functional area including development of communications positioning, messaging, and tactics consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- Conducts appropriate needs assessment and audience analysis to support effective development of communications programs and materials. Following implementation monitors the effectiveness of the communications program and materials to assure appropriate use of organization resources. Modifies programs and projects as needed to improve results.
- Oversees staff that provides high-quality communications services: writing, editing, research, design, production, program management, etc. Ensures work is completed on time and on budget.
- Assigns, tracks and manages communications consultants/specialists and other professionals as needed to support the development and implementation of strategic communications plans, programs and projects.
- Serves as liaison with other related departments (brand management, multimedia services, marketing communications etc.) to ensure consistent application of Kaiser Permanente brand standards, style guide, and other processes and procedures.
- Serves as a collaborator and an integrator with other Communications Directors, media relations specialists, and communicators in the Program Office, regions and services areas related to the successful communications programs and materials.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in planning and implementing internal communications plans and programs in a large complex organization (or external communications planning and programs in a large complex organization).
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in communications in the health care field at the national level in upper management.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field (english, public relations, and/or business communications), OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in corporate communications, public relations, media relations and writing and editing.
- Requires familiarity with health care, organizational communications, news media, marketing, and business management.
- Excellent writing skills along with public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects: ability to work effectively with team members and senior executives under tight deadlines.
- Must possess professional writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends with short or little notice given the demands of providing communications support to the functional areas.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Four (4) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above).
- Three (3) years experience overseeing projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.