Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Director of Strategic Partnerships, Sports MarketingLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 804799 Date posted: 07/08/2019
The Director of Strategic
Partnerships exists within Kaiser Permanente's Sports Marketing department and
supports the development and execution of strategic partnerships across the
organization. This Director is responsible for the following: Activation of
team, league, and sporting event partnership strategies; Managing marketing
campaigns and branding related to partnerships; Ensuring all aspects of
partnership are optimized to advance KP mission, Leading development of
multiple community programs as part of portfolio of partnership initiatives;
and Agency management.
Provides oversight and/or leads major projects that inform the growth and market strategies essential to KP's revenue, membership and margin goals. Strategic Market Planning Managers provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, market research, deep data analysis & programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) review/approve strategic recommendations. Incumbents would manage teams whose work includes membership forecasts & goals, strategies to achieve membership, revenue & margin goals, market research findings, competitive intelligence insights. Selects, develops, evaluates, coaches, and advises personnel.
- Works with director to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team.
- Provides oversight, coaching & guidance to management-level staff.
- Partners with Director and peer HealthPlan Leadership to interpret, analyze and address key business issues and questions.
- Provide operational management: be accountable for the budget and resource viability of area of responsibility.
- Recommend organization/business performance metrics and act when needed.
- Review and recommend policies to achieve customer and KP goals.
- Review and recommend direction on continuous quality improvement programs.
- Minimum ten (10) years of content/functional experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience OR Master's degree and minimum five (5) years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.