The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Director Service Unit RN-OBGYNLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Pinole Medical Offices 1301 Pinole Valley Rd., 1301 Pinole Valley Rd., Pinole,California, 94564
Richmond Hospital 901 Nevin Ave., 901 Nevin Ave., Richmond,California, 94801 Job Number: 795149 Date posted: 05/14/2019
- Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards for ambulatory services. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of resources and services.
- In conjunction with Chiefs of Service manages the daily operations of the ambulatory services.
- Designs and implements policies, procedures, protocols, efficient program outcomes, and timely provision of support to TPMG providers.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations and manages the financial performance. Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care services.
- Interprets and facilitates the application of Nursing Scope of Practice within ambulatory services, which includes making skill-mix decisions based on needs, service, financial considerations, and legal constraints.
- Directs and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Coordinates and monitors the quality improvement program for nursing services.
- Develops and implement new programs or best practices and strategies which improve the quality of care and services and reduces costs.
- Develops and presents training programs.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum seven (7) years of management experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care required.
- Master's degree in business or health care OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field in addition to the bachelor's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Demonstrated human relations and labor relations experience.
- Demonstration of nursing administration experience in an ambulatory setting.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.