Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
Exec Director, PCS Performance ExcellenceLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 881412 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- Executes strategies to provide consistent operational and affordability practices across KP Northern California, in collaboration with local/regional/national finance, CNEs and Area Managers, including TPMG and continuum leadership.
- Partners with Medical Center leadership to develop and monitor short and long-term affordability and operational plans related to nursing services.
- Identifies appropriate metrics required to strengthen the performance of NCAL Region-s medical centers, including Magnet-s required nursing sensitive quality indicators, nurse satisfaction survey and patient satisfaction measures.
- Participates in the development, implementation, utilization and evaluation of cost-effective medical center programs, policies and procedures that address and promote high quality nursing care, treatment and the service needs of the patient population.
- Directs ongoing and continuous updates to policies and procedures, and informs training and education, orientation materials for new nurse managers and CNEs, staffing offices, directors and administrators.
- Participates in patient care workforce planning efforts in conjunction with the medical center CNE-s through supplemental staffing, recruitment, retention, forecasting, and staff development.
- Fosters advocacy for fair and appropriate allocation of resources during annual budgets as well as in the daily review of posting requisitions.
- Proactively partners with the education community, Northern California HR, unions, and other KFH/HP departments to formulate strategies for workforce planning, nursing, professional staff retention and development and enhanced workforce competence.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of consistent labor contracts implementation in collaboration with Labor Relations and the CNE-s. Provides oversight to the daily and strategic management of labor relations issues associated with nursing.
- Champions change, collaborates, and participates with quality and other regional leadership groups to produce improved patient care outcomes in the hospitals and across the continuum of care.
- Provides performance leadership to specialty and functional PCS peer groups to ensure achievement of clinical, quality, and affordability outcomes..
- Builds relationships, aligns work and goals, across multi-functional teams to achieve KP-s mission and strategic objectives.
- Hires, performs disciplinary actions, provides employee training and development and conducts performance assessments for assigned staff.
- Develops and monitors the payroll, non-payroll and capital budgets and expenditures for assigned areas.
- Provides leadership for the Regional PCS annual budget process.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in progressively responsible clinical and managerial roles in a complex health care system and multi-service provider setting required
- Master-s degree required
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- National certification as a Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive Advanced, or equivalent national certification, required within six (6) months of a newly hired incumbent assuming position.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead patient care services in a union environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in health system and workforce management, organizational change and the ability to function effectively in a multi-facility, highly complex organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, influencing, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership style which promotes and fosters teamwork to achieve results.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations such as: Knox-Keene Act, NCQA, Federal HMO Act, Public Employees Medical and Hospital Act, The Joint Commission standards and all applicable Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
- Previous experience as a Chief Nursing Officer in a multi-specialty hospital preferred but not required.
- MSN preferred.
- DNP/PhD strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
December 4, 2019
"Great Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Mission based organization with the structure to support quality and great patient care Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.