Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
Exec Director, PCS Practice ExcellenceLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 881354 Date posted: 03/24/2020
Oversees strategy for PCS across four clinical service lines (adult, maternal child, perioperative and respiratory care). Responsible for the growth and development of these four clinical service lines, overseeing their monthly peer groups at the regional level. Stays abreast of emerging innovations in care delivery and ensures leadership collaboration across the continuum of care. Participates in the growth and professional development of medical center CNEs and facilitates the ongoing development and planning for the CNE role. Deploys initiatives aimed to improve clinical care delivery, quality, safety, and affordability in collaboration with the Regional Patient Care Services executive directors, continuum leadership, TPMG leadership and the chief nurse executive team.
Drives new knowledge and innovation at the front-line while supporting and sustaining a culture of excellence focused on structural empowerment, transformational leadership, and empirical quality outcomes. Works collaboratively with the medical center Patient Care Services teams, TPMG and Regional Labor Relations to provide leadership in managing labor relations. Collaborates as part of the Regional Patient Care Services leadership team on design and implementation of the NCAL nursing strategy and the NCAL PCS operational strategy.
- Supports achievement of key organizational objectives, leads multiple large-scale, regional improvement efforts such as the implementation and ongoing support of the care delivery model, professional practice model, shared governance, and exceptional patient care delivery. Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development and implementation of programs related to all clinical practice areas.
- Identifies and institutes enhanced clinical practices based on evidence-based research and patient care outcomes. Facilitates the rapid transfer of best practices across NCAL Region-s 21 medical centers.
- Develops and articulates a strategy for nursing clinical education, competencies and roles for the advancement of nursing practice across the continuum.
- Contributes to the development of regional nursing knowledge, research, innovation, policies and practices. Consults and leads integration of research and practice into patient care policies.
- Designs and implements HealthStream and KP Health Connect strategy.
- Serves as a liaison on the national, inter-regional and regional nursing councils representing and advocating for enhanced clinical practice standards across the program.
- Executes strategies to lead consistent patient care services care delivery standards across Northern California medical centers as well as the continuum of care, and TPMG in collaboration with TPMG leadership.
- Partners with Medical Center leadership to develop and monitor short and long-term financial and operational plans related to nursing practice. Identifies appropriate metrics required to strengthen the performance of NCAL Region-s medical centers and our members- care experience. Collaborates on region-wide efforts to improve patient-centered care processes and members- inpatient care experiences to support NCAL Region-s World Class Hospital initiatives.
- Participates in the development, implementation, utilization and evaluation of cost-effective medical center programs, policies and procedures that address and promote high quality nursing care, treatment and the service needs of the patient population.
- Participates in patient care workforce planning efforts in conjunction with the medical center CNE-s through supporting the design and implementation of staffing, recruitment, retention, forecasting, and staff development tactics.
- Proactively partners with the education community, Northern California HR, unions, and other KFH/HP departments to formulate strategies for workforce planning, nursing, professional staff retention and the development of enhanced workforce competence.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of consistent labor contracts implementation in collaboration with Labor Relations and the CNE-s. Provides oversight to the daily and strategic management of labor relations issues associated with nursing.
- Champions change, collaborates, and participates with quality, risk and patient safety, regulatory, and other regional leadership groups to produce improved patient care clinical outcomes in the hospitals and across the continuum of care.
- Provides leadership to specialty and functional PCS peer groups to ensure achievement of clinical quality, informatics, education and financial performance.
- Works with TPMG and other key constituents to develop regional clinical practice guidelines, interdisciplinary care paths and outcome indicators, quality reporting, and identification of best practices.
- Builds relationships, aligns work and goals, across multifunctional teams to achieve our mission and organizational strategic objectives
- Hires, performs disciplinary actions, provides employee training and development and conducts performance assessments for assigned staff.
- Develops and monitors the payroll, non-payroll and capital budgets and expenditures for assigned areas.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in progressively responsible clinical and managerial roles in a complex health care system and multi-service provider setting required
- Master-s degree required
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- National certification as a Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive Advanced, or equivalent national certification, required within six (6) months of a newly hired incumbent assuming position.
- Demonstrated competencies in health system and workforce management, organizational change and the ability to function effectively in a multi-facility, highly complex organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, influencing, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership style which promotes and fosters teamwork to achieve results.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations such as: Knox-Keene Act, NCQA, Federal HMO Act, Public Employees Medical and Hospital Act, The Joint Commission standards and all applicable Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
- MSN preferred.
- DNP/PhD strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
December 4, 2019
"Great Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Mission based organization with the structure to support quality and great patient care Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.