Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Executive Assistant IILocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 779452 Date posted: 03/13/2019
- Independently provides most complex administrative support and project coordination for senior executive(s), and as needed, other senior management members to include the following: Manages inquiries (phones, email, in person) and directs to appropriate parties based on functional/operational knowledge; independently responds to routine to most complex inquiries.
- Manages multiple calendars to include arranging more complex special events requiring solid understanding of broad business requirements and coordination of ambiguous dependencies.
- Independently composes complex and detailed correspondence for senior executive(s) using in-depth KP knowledge, business acumen/functional knowledge; independently researches and updates department documents. May use intermediate to advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access functions and other software applications as needed.
- Independently designs and creates reports and participates in special cross-functional projects that require complex project coordination and independent judgment, in response to business needs.
- Manages executive travel and business expense budgets, as well as billing and payment authorization for planned & unplanned expenses and special events; handles recharges across business units. Anticipates and proactively resolves potential budget overages. May assist the executive and/or Finance liaison with the development of preliminary budgets for cost center(s).
- Interacts with KP executives, board members and employees across multiple organizations, as well as external representatives, serving as a liaison for the department/function to discuss and resolve complex administrative matters, business processes, and project activities to facilitate department goal attainment.
- Coordinates executive assistant workflow across KP departments; designs and implements new processes as needed.
- Minimum ten (10) years of administrative and executive assistant experience with increasing levels of scope and discretion.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Must have C-suite EA support experience.
- Demonstrated success providing executive support within a complex work environment.
- Ability to learn and apply thorough knowledge of KP's policies, practices, business, theories and systems.
- Ability to effectively use in-depth knowledge of company practices, techniques, and standards to work autonomously.
- Applies advanced business theories/concepts to accomplish significant department projects and/or initiatives.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to coordinate and provide support to an executive with a highly dynamic/complex role at KP.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Uses intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) to create more difficult presentation materials with graphs/illustrations, and proofreads content for accuracy and KP established formatting.
- Uses advanced verbal and written communication skills to compose more complex, detailed correspondence and reports, recommends updates to department/functions, and represents dept/function.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and independently make key decisions.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience supporting Senior Executive(s) (VP/C level and above) in a complex environment
- Experience in hosting large meetings using technology (webex, skype, and/or telepresence)
- Event planning/project management skills
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.