Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Executive Compensation ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 815903 Date posted: 08/09/2019
- Completes and/or oversees salary survey benchmarking and overall program analysis.
- As Subject Matter Expert (SME), designs complex programs and/or policies to meet business needs.
- Assigns work to staff.
- May oversee day to day operations of function.
- Influences region-wide compensation decisions and strategy.
- Leads key organization-wide (major) initiatives related to Compensation.
- Consults with Executives and conducts program presentations.
- Represents compensation for large union negotiations.
- May be responsible for compensation plans and programs relating to Mergers/Acquisitions.
- Completes regional and inter-regional major projects.
- Performs project management of most complex projects; leads task forces; initiates projects.
- May lead systems and reporting projects, including systems strategy and change management.
- Designs and administers supplemental compensation plans, incentive plans, base pay plans, and union plans.
- Develops policy and reviews business processes.
- Develops and costs salary structures and other compensation programs.
- May direct or lead compensation program implementation.
- Performs the most complex (non-benchmark & high level) job evaluations.
- Minimum eight (8) years of compensation or human resources experience to include salary administration duties.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge and application of compensation principles, theories, policies, practices and systems, plus working knowledge of other related HR fields.
- Develops and implements advanced concepts, techniques, standards, and/or innovative compensation principles and ideas.
- Viewed as functional compensation expert within KP.
- Proficient to advanced skills in compensation systems and Microsoft Office applications to include Excel and/or Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of compensation experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.