Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Executive Director, HR ProductsLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 741776 Date posted: 10/05/2018
The HR Products Leader is responsible for the overall operation and management of HR technology applications and supporting services, in collaboration with IT. This position is responsible for end-to-end product ownership including portal, content, products and data management. This Executive Director is responsible for understanding emerging technologies and managing HR Products to continually evolve to meet changing business needs. Key areas of accountability include: Establishing a new strategic capability which transforms and/or introduces new user centric workflow and technology that enables the entire KP workforce to be more effective & efficient including tools which allow the HR team to be productive business partners. Expected to maintain and continually improve operational support of HR technology in partnership with KPIT, consisting of >50 systems and applications with a mixture of SaaS and on-premise solutions. The role includes system management and maintenance, configuration, application performance and reliability, information management, client support, and partnering on the HR technology ecosystem evolution. Additionally, ensure all tools meet enterprise risk and compliance expectations. Build a team and culture which demonstrates thinking holistically, modeling continuous improvement, being adaptable, having a service minds+PreferredQualet, fostering collaborative partnerships and delivering on commitments. Set direction and priorities for a team of roughly 50 employees along with a broad group of matrixed partners and manages a core and investment budget of $5-20M annually.
- Oversee and govern the HR Product multi-year roadmap detailing the strategy and execution of the HR applications service delivery model.
- Oversee user experience, performance and reliability for HR applications; actively manage, monitor, and control the operations and health of HR applications.
- Provide oversight for the planning and deployment of major release development, business enhancements and maintenance, including the scheduling of key activities and communicating of system downtime to IT counterparts, and ensure requirements are effectively met.
- Serve as escalation point for major system decisions and issues that affect the business.
- Develop and maintain data management and governance practices. Ensure data security complies with policies.
- Oversee capacity planning related to # licenses, subscriptions, and usage levels.
- Provide updates to leadership on the status of HR technology in language that the business understands.
- Assist in developing relationships between the teams and the business to enable the teams to collect business requirements and evaluate system effectiveness.
- Maintain close coordination with Functional Owners; work with relevant leads to balance workload across resources/technology and application.
- Coordinate and work closely with the HR Delivery Solutions leadership and KP IT leadership to achieve desired business outcomes through investments in strategic growth areas.
- Optimize HR product design, footprint and architecture to enable a simple user experience, efficient process execution, optimized channels and improved accessibility
- Provide forward-thinking enterprise solutions for the HR organization and Kaiser Permanente, which requires a deep understanding of the human resources business processes across the Program.
- Champion and drive the agenda for a simplified & consistent user experience, integrated end-to-end transactional processes / systems, and operational excellence.
- Represent HR Products in governance groups or committees, as appropriate.
- Develop and continuously refine the long-range execution plan for the HR Products.
- Build the HR Products team to be a client-focused, highly solutions-oriented team with the right capabilities to successfully serve the needs of Kaiser Permanente-s internal and external clients.
- Encourage a work environment of respect, inclusion and employee engagement to drive to a culture of high performance.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive business experience in HR, IT, Communications management; including a focus in HR applications or other applications experience.
- Minimum six (6) years of progressive management experience with direct supervision of a combination of managerial, professional and exempt administration staff; including leading teams of at least 25 people.
- Bachelor-s degree in IT, data analysis, engineering, communications, business administration, human resources, computer science or related discipline, required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience working in organizations involved in transformation.
- Demonstrated experience in leading significant (organization-wide) organizational change initiatives from project inception through implementation.
- Experience in sourcing solutions and partnering with procurement to ensure business outcomes are clearly defined in documents framing third-party relationships.
- Successful track record of conceptualizing, investing in and implementing innovative solutions.
- Proven experience in business process improvement, redesign and operational management.
- Experience in a customer-centric atmosphere with a focus on delivering high-quality service.
- Experience in leading design and usability/research preferred.
- Experience in digital software product work, with user experience (UX) emphasis in research and UX methodologies and design preferred.
- Prior experience in HCM Cloud/Taleo/SFDC/Saba systems and user acceptance testing preferred.
- Experience working with agile methodology, CICD and/or cloud-based solutions preferred.
- Master-s degree in business administration or directly related field, preferred.
- Strong understanding of HCM Cloud Functionality preferred.
- Background in shared services process, people, and technology transformation preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.