Executive Director, Medicaid Chief Health Equity Officer
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This role is responsible for strategy and program development across the organization and in the community to ensure that health equity for Medicaid members is prioritized and addressed through internal health plan functions, operations, and external partnerships and initiatives. In partnership with KP executives, this position designs and oversees the implementation of health equity strategies and leads the organization’s commitment to provide health equity and reduce health disparities in KP’s entire member population.
- Leads the generation and curation of evidence to support the design and maintenance of equity strategies for KP’s Medicaid population.
- Key leader in the implementation of the organizational strategies and programs used to ensure health equity and to reduce disparities for Medicaid members.
- Ensures compliance with California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) on regulatory and contractual requirements regarding health equity.
- Accountable for ensuring that all organizational policies and procedures are promoting Medicaid health equity requirements where applicable, including, but not limited to: Corporate marketing and communications strategy, Care Delivery policies, Member and provider outreach, Community Advisory Committee, Quality improvement activities including delivery system reforms, Grievance and Appeals, Utilization Management.
- Leads health equity efforts and initiatives in collaboration with KP cross-functional teams, subcontractors, network providers, community-based organizations, county departments, behavioral health, social services, child welfare systems and Medicaid members in health equity efforts and initiatives.
- Implements strategies designed to identify and address root causes of health inequities including but not limited to systemic racism, social drivers of health and infrastructure.
- Together with KP Quality leaders, develops quantifiable metrics that can track and evaluate the results of the targeted interventions designed to eliminate health inequities.
- In collaboration with other KP departments, ensures all KP, subcontractor, and network provider staff receive mandatory diversity, equity and inclusion training (sensitivity, diversity, communication skills, and cultural competency training).
- Facilitates the Quality Improvement and Health Equity Committee (QIHEC) and supervises all QIHETP activities in collaboration with Medical Director, or Medical Director’s designee.
- Serves as a KP representative and spokesperson in support of health equity with key governmental partners as well as with state and national organizations.
- Participates in state and industry work groups such as California Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS), California Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) , Association of Community Health Plans (ACHP), and others to expand influence on benefit design, regulations, and policy direction.
- Leads other projects and performs duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience focused on identifying and addressing health inequities.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience leading work related to the Medicaid program.
- Doctorate degree in health care, public health, public policy, or related field required, or Medical Degree in related field from an accredited institution required.
- Experience advocating for and implementing change within a multi-cultural environment; developing and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of ability to provide leadership in diversity, equity and inclusion in a health care setting and the broader community.
- Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate analytical vision and to understand front-line and management needs in clinical, operational, and functional areas.
- Understanding of relationship management including developing, nurturing, and strengthening partnerships.
- Demonstrated success at meeting deliverables and timelines.
- History of developing successful partnerships across multiple organizations/constituencies
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain an action plan to successfully meet tasks, timelines, and milestones.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicaid program in California and throughout the United States
- Demonstrated ability to conduct, publish, and use research related to health equity relevant to the Medicaid population
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and in situations requiring instructing, persuading, negotiating, consulting, and advising.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff, other programs, agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment, influencing and leading others without a direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to scope, define and interpret quantitative analyses of operational problems.
- Ability to prepare business plans, analyses, financial projections, programmatic and operational reports.
This position has a target base salary of $229,500 to $286,875 and is eligible for incentive compensation, comprehensive health, wellness, time off, savings, and retirement benefits, as well as relocation support, as applicable.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest