Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Facilities Services DirectorLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 731029 Date posted: 03/13/2019
Manages all area plant operations for the entire facility. Serves as point of contact for all internal and external issues related to physical plant, landscaping, grounds and construction project operations. This is a single incumbent position per facility.
- Manages the development and implementation of standards for plant operations, maintenance, and enhancement of work and member space, building, grounds and equipment. Identifies, implements, and evaluates best practices, including systems development and cost-effective operations standards. Focuses on prevention, intervention, and identification of issues/problems prior to their impact on operations, patient care and member/provider satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies by actively participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective policies, standards, practices and procedures. Develops and revises standards for plant operations, landscaping and grounds maintenance as identified by regulatory agencies.
- Manages and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. Coordinates local/state fire authority, OSHA, DOHS and JCAHO inspection visits involving facility or building concerns.
- Guides staff in their attainment of service, quality and cost objectives. Promulgates service programs, implementing performance standards for quality customer service.
- Directs and oversees the budgets. Identifies/implements strategies to reduce costs and improve services.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in facility management, construction administration, project management.
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering discipline required or four (4) years of experience in directly related field.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated experience in the management of building systems and possess knowledge of advanced building engineering principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of environmental services practices in relation to staffing, infection control and aesthetic maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of various codes/standards managed by local, state and national regulatory agencies and JCAHO regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in health care or facilities services environment preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certifications from ASHE, ASHES, AAE or IFMA preferred.
- CHFM designation preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.