Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Financial Analyst & Performance Manager ILocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 690706 Date posted: 05/01/2018
- Performance Monitoring - Proactively drive performance within assigned responsibilities including the preparation of the monthly variance analysis and coordination of the Monthly Operating Reviews (including Action Plans to address performance).
- Proactively manage coordination of subject matter experts within area of responsibility. - Daily productivity monitoring.
- Participate in semi-annual benchmarking.
- Budgeting & Forecasting - Coordinate the budget and forecasting process for the assigned Service Area and/or Functional Areas.
- Decision Support - Work with assigned Service Area and/or Functional Area on the development of business cases for capital projects, leases and internalizations.
- Business Advisor - Prepare adhoc analysis as required by customers.
- Work collaboratively with customers within assigned area of responsibility and Regional planning on the development of market plan for the Service Areas.
- Serve as advisor/consultant to key customers to help translate financial data into tactics to drive operation efficiency within the organization.
- Long Range Planning- Work with Service Areas and/or Functional Area in long term planning including the development of a long range operating margin plan.
- Scope of Responsibility- Area Tier 1.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in financial planning analysis in a health care setting environment.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.