Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Health Data Analyst ILocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Corona Data Center 1850 California Ave., 1850 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Kaiser Permanente Building 500 NE Multnomah St., 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Regional Offices-Walnut 393 E. Walnut St., 393 E. Walnut St., Pasadena,California, 91188
Waterpark I 2500 S. Havana St., 2500 S. Havana St., Aurora,Colorado, 80014 Job Number: 814192 Date posted: 08/06/2019
- Prepares descriptive data summaries using established tabular or graphical templates and formats.
- Applies specified analytical methods to assess the significance of observed changes, identify associations among measured quantities, or forecast trends.
- Contributes to written reports and presentation materials describing project or task objectives, methods, data, and results.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience (preferably in health care) although not necessarily in a technical capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, scientific,or related field OR four (4) years of experience in directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Excel and Access applications.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication. Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of fundamental statistical concepts.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente health care system preferred.
- Analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Proficiency in SQL, bachelors degree, knowledge of healthcare industry, risk adjustment, and/or familiarity with KP healthcare system are a plus.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.