Expert Care is in the Details
Providing accurate coding, auditing, and reporting, our medical records team is a highly valued and integral part of our team. We use the most advanced EHR technologies, including EPIC and 3M 360 encompass computer-assisted coding, and foster a strong belief in promoting team members from within.
HIM Operations CoordinatorLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 662326 Date posted: 01/19/2018
Assists in department planning, directing and cost effectively supervising the daily operations, including the work of staff, to produce accurate records and ensure timely submission of records for reimbursements as required by Kaiser and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in planning, directing and monitoring daily operations for in-patient medical records including: retrieval, assembly, delivery, abstracting/analyzing, coding, completion, transcriptions, release of information, and vital statistics registration.
- Works with Manager to develop work flow systems and contingency plans for each function of the department to assure timely and accurate completion of work that is consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
- Continually monitors and evaluates work flow systems and output.
- Apprises Manager of need for systems adjustment, updating and/or improvement when necessary.
- Orients, develops, trains and cross-trains all employees in all department functions and work flow systems.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating medical records department policies and procedures and performs special studies requested by quality assurance department or medical staff.
- Prepares statistical and or annual reports as requested by state or federal agencies or any other regulatory agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Assists in monitoring budgets and identifies and recommends opportunities to decrease costs and improve service.
- Implements changes resulting from internal or external audits which impact collection and reporting of medical records.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in HIM operations.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience within the last three (3) years with C.A.L.S. and The Joint Commission surveys.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Health Information Administration Technician (RHIT) -OR-
- Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) required.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, CMRI federal, state and local regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with a variety of software used by the department.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Familiar with all aspects of Medical Records Department preferred.
About Health Information Management Careers
Health Information Management Careers
Our team of medical coding and audit professionals helps us promote successful practices that ensure quality care, regulatory compliance, and accurate reimbursement. Working as a team in a clinic, hospital, or business, or even a remote environment, you'll supply the data that benchmarks our success and serves as an efficient education and training mechanism for our providers and other stakeholders.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.