The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
HIV Case Manager RN, 36/hrLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 759188 Date posted: 01/08/2019
Please be aware that this position is currently under review as part of the jurisdictional process with the California Nurses Association to determine whether such position should be assigned to the CNA bargaining unit. This review is on a position-by-position basis and includes an analysis of the actual duties performed in each position under review. This determination will be made within the next several months. Should the determination be made that the position does belong to the CNA bargaining unit, you will be offered the opportunity to (a) follow the work into the CNA bargaining unit and become a member of the union, or (b) seek other employment within the organization. Should you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact your recruiter for further information. Coordinates with physicians, staff, and non-Kaiser providers and facilities regarding patient care. In conjunction with physicians, develops treatment plan, monitors all clinical activities, makes recommendations for alternative levels of care, identifies cost-effective protocols, and develops guidelines for care.
- Plans, develops, assesses, and evaluates care provided to members. Develops and maintains case management policies and procedures. Coordinates, directs, and performs concurrent and retrospective reviews, and monitors level and quality of care.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including utilization management, transfer coordination, discharge planning, and obtaining all authorizations/approvals as needed for outside services for patients/families.
- Consults with internal and external physicians, health care providers, discharge planning and outside agencies regarding continued care/treatment or hospitalization.
- Coordinates repatriation of patients and monitors their quality of care.
- Arranges and monitors follow-up appointments. Encourages member to follow prescribed course of care (e.g., drug therapy, physical therapy). Makes referrals to appropriate community services.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for cost savings and improving the quality of care across the continuum.
- Develops and collects data, and trends utilization of health care resources.
- Interprets regulations, health plan benefits, policies, and procedures for members, physicians, medical office staff, contract providers, and outside agencies.
- Coordinates transmission of clinical and benefit treatment to patients, families and outside agencies.
- Acts as liaison for outside agencies, non-plan facilities, and outside providers. In conjunction with physicians, evaluates and develops treatment plans, recommends alternative levels of care, and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal/state/local regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum six (6) months of previous case management experience preferred.
- Experience in utilization management, discharge planning, or transfer coordination.
- Master's degree preferred.
- PHN preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.