Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Home Health Aide - Grade 165Location: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 819969 Date posted: 10/08/2019
- Assisting with prescribed exercises which patients and appropriate health personnel have taught aides
- Preparing meals, including therapeutic diets, and assisting patients with eating
- Assisting patients to the bathroom or in using commodes, bedpans or urinals
- Performing household services, which will facilitate the patient's self care at home and are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization
- Assisting patients with medications which are ordinarily self-administered
- The home health aide shall not administer medications of any kind
- Performing other activities taught by a health professional for a specific patient and may include such services as changing colostomy bags, changing of non-sterile dressings, taking of vital signs and non-sterile bowel and bladder hygiene care
- Reporting changes in the patient's condition and needs to the supervising nurse or therapist
- Completing records regarding services performed
- Takes actions in emergent patient situations and immediately report to supervisor
- Documents all communication with other providers
- Reports stated or observed changes in patient status to case manager
- Submits schedule logs changes in schedule and daily progress notes within expected time frame per agency policy
- Participates in care coordination meetings
- Functions independently with supervision by case manager for each patient every 14 days as needed
- Completes expense reports, time cards and schedule logs
- Demonstrates utilization of supplies
- Professional Behavior: Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients, health professional and maintains patient confidentiality
- Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and Utilization Review activities as requested
- Perform related duties as required
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Experience in automated clinical information systems preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
- Completion of a training program approved by the Department of Health Services pursuant to applicable federal and state regulation
- California Home Health Aide Certificate
- Current BLS certification
- California driver's license
- Computer literate preferred
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.