The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Home Health Nurse IILocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777206 Date posted: 04/11/2019
- Provision of Care: Provides the initial all system nursing assessment prior to the provision of care.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions including obtaining written physician orders for changes.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on hysiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Provides ongoing periodic all system assessment of the patient and the patient's equipment needs.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedure (Home Health).
- Initiates timely discharges based on goals.
- Educates and instructs the patient, patient's family or other staff as required.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Supervises and teaches LVN's and HHA's as required for patient care.
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
- Documentation and Communication: Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
- Notifies the patient's attending MD, Podiatrist and other professional persons and responsible staff of significant changes in the patient's condition in a timely manner.
- Assists in coordinating all services provided.
- Consults with other health professionals when needed.
- Planning, Organizing and Productivity: Effectively plans and organizes work assignment, manages and sets competitive priorities, and completes work assignments with a minimum of direct supervision per agency policy and within established time frames.
- Adheres to the services policy and principles of the Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program.
- Supervises Home Health aides and LVNs according to law, regulation and agency policy.
- Professional Behavior: Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients, health professionals and maintain patient confidentiality. Acts as a patient advocate in utilizing Medicare, MediCal, Health Plan and community resources. Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and Utilization Review activities as requested.
- Self-Development: Selects and attends education programs to keep current in area of practice. Utilizes new knowledge and skills. Participates in in-service programs. Annually prepares realistic professional goals and reviews their progress with Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.