Reading Between the Lines
From acquisition of products and services, real estate transactions, and new ventures to union grievances, provider operations, and liability claims, this group encompasses all of Kaiser Permanente's legal and government counseling and provides cost-effective legal support across all functions.
Hospital and Health System Counsel - Provider Operations Practice GroupLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 824270 Date posted: 08/27/2019
-Advise Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan leadership on complex regulatory issues impacting Kaiser Permanente operations and strategic plans across multiple legal business entities.
- Minimum seven (7) years- experience as an attorney in a law firm or company or in government in one or more legal specialties.
License, Certification, Registration
- CA State Bar license required.
- Membership in local Bar Association.
- Demonstrates skillful insight into critical business problems and emerging legal issues.
- Proven ability to render timely and sound legal advice within applicable legal principles.
- Maintains current knowledge of specialty area.
- Minimum seven (7) years of legal practice experience, with at least four as a health law attorney representing hospitals and health care providers.
- Strong experience within the health care industry.
- Experience advising complex organizations with interaction between multiple legal entities.
- Positive personality that will be an asset to the group.
- Comfortable reaching out to others to learn and develop necessary skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team setting, work closely with colleagues in other practice areas, as well as with colleagues who support other Kaiser Regions.
- Strong soft skills with demonstrated enforcement of ethical behavior in self and others in accordance with the KP Principles of Responsibility.
- Ability to adhere to organizational policies and guidelines, supports compliance initiatives, maintains confidences, admits mistakes, conducts business with honesty, shows consistency in words and actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Ability to be accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring, and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Legal Careers
A national organization with practice groups in areas such as business, litigation, labor and employment, government programs, and liability, Kaiser Permanente's legal team provides advice and representation on a wide range of issues. In addition, counsels provide legal advice to management in each Kaiser Permanente region, and an Office of Board and Corporate Governance Services provides support to the Boards of Directors of Kaiser Permanente Hospitals and Health Plan and its subsidiaries.
Comprising eight practice groups - Health Care Business Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Litigation, Labor & Employment, Health Plan & Payor Operations, Government Programs, Provider Operations, and Professional and Public Liability - opportunities in this area include Counsel, Paralegal, Litigation & Data Systems Manager, eHealth Business Operations Specialist, Legislative Representative, Regional Policy Administrator, Research Assistant, and more.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.