IT Trainer LeadLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 849535 Date posted: 12/09/2019
This role will take the lead in developing and driving various -Empower Our People- programs that are organizational priorities aligned to our IT business strategy, primarily the IT Orientation program. The Empower Our People team focuses on building the workplace culture, professional development opportunities, and career enrichment programs to enable the people of IT. Experience in learning and development, organizational development, project management and change management along with strong consulting and facilitation skills, a pro-active, results-oriented approach, ability to collaborate and think strategically are key success factors for the role.
- Develops strategic plans for development of training curricula, professional development and technical programs.
- Assesses and analyzes training and development needs across a broad spectrum of positions- typically a large functional area or program-wide initiative.
- Consults with leaders of major constituency groups within the organization to assess, trend and analyze learning needs of employees across the region based on current and future strategic plans.
- Designs complex and original technical and non-technical training programs for employees and management.
- Delivers and facilitates customized professional level programs for employees and management.
- Oversees the implementation of agreed on training programs including coordination, budgets and effectiveness metrics.
- Serves as a master trainer providing training and coaching to trainers and learning consultants.
- Stays with current trends in learning, training and development research including theory, motivation theory and new materials, methods and techniques.
- Evaluates programs for effectiveness and desired outcomes and utilizes feedback to initiate changes, refinements and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in education, computer science or instructional design, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the following:
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- TQM and team concepts
- Superior training/facilitation skills
- Modeling, monitoring, coaching, and crediting, as well as at empowering others and teams
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal relations
- Team building
- Problem Solving
- Group process facilitation
- Group presentations
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and ability to apply adult learning theory and methods to any learning situation.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Proficient in use of: word processing, spreadsheets & scheduling software.
- Minimum eight (8) years of IT training experience.
- Prior experience with management continuity/succession planning.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Being intuitive and having ability to read people are very helpful as is ability to produce attractive visuals in preparation for training programs.
- Working knowledge of data collection, analysis and statistical techniques.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.