Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Lead OE ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777456 Date posted: 03/12/2019
This is a durational role through 3/31/20, temporary status with benefits.
Provides consulting services for a broad array of organizational areas. Develops organizational strategies and designs to meet current and future demands on the business. Leads and directs large-scale organization change efforts impacting multiple levels of stakeholders throughout the organization. Provides systemic solutions to implement, sustain, and optimize changes across the Program. Utilizes and provides leadership to a network of Organization Effectiveness, Organization Development, and/or Organization Change Management practitioners to design and implement solutions across the Program.
- Provides organization effectiveness consulting services for strategic initiatives within assigned function or region.
- Serves as organization strategy and change consultant and content expert to leadership.
- Develops project structure, approach and work plan.
- Designs, develops, directs, and delivers organization change, organization design, and organization strategy programs.
- Provides coaching to senior leadership on organization-related issues.
- Provides change management strategies and tactics to enhance effective implementation of organization initiatives.
- Leads committees and work groups charged with implementing organization, department, or unit level improvement strategies.
- Monitors and measures effectiveness of change programs delivered.
- Works on assignments of large scope and complexity, impacting multiple functions or regions.
- Makes recommendation for process improvements and/or enhancements.
- Requires very complex planning to coordinate with other departments or resources.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to more junior OE consultants.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of relevant experience in organization change, organization design, performance improvement, and/or benefits realization.
- Master's degree in business administration, organization development, human resources management, or related field, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience leading large project teams (up to 50 people) through complex change programs.
- Working knowledge of/experience with at least three (3) of the following functional areas: information technology, finance, sales and marketing, and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and human resources management trends and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated competency in large group facilitation and project management.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative date.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative approaches.
- In-depth knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new approaches and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Expert knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of all related fields.
- Must be able to skillfully communicate with all Project Team Members, as related to all aspects of the project.
Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the following:
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Development of summary-level presentations
- Superior facilitation skills
- Coaching of managers
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal relations
- Conflict resolution
- Assessment and feedback
- Team building
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Health care or health insurance knowledge preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.