Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Lead Senior Financial AnalystLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 849843 Date posted: 02/04/2020
Provides project, service line or product line management, management consulting, analytical decision support services or technical expertise for a broad array of financial and operational issues. Responsible for more complex multi-faceted projects and analyses across disciplines and functional areas. Assists in developing performance monitoring process and coordinating compilation, interpretation and presentation of monitoring information. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion, high level reviews and conducting area wide analyses for target development. Conducts or participates in the most complex projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of factors. Dual track position: Can be either a sole contributor or a position that supervises staff.
- Coordinates performance monitoring process with junior staff and participates in the development of forecasts. Conducts financial analyses independently or leads a team, participating in the most complex projects. Designs and builds financial models based on diverse financial sources, in order to inform strategic decisions. May direct the production of ad hoc and periodic reports for department, facility, and/or regional management. Works to improve data quality processes and report design to meet diverse and changing needs for management reporting. Participates in the planning and development of department and nondepartment budgets, budget system completion, high level reviews and conducts area wide analyses for target development. Prepares understandable and defensible financial analyses of decision alternatives by utilizing spreadsheets and accessing various databases.
- Oversees preparation of analyses for project teams, regional, departmental, and/or functional management and staff analysts. Writes reports of recommendations and delivers formal presentations of analytic findings and suggested action steps to management and senior leaders. Facilitates and participates in meetings and presentations. Provides education and management consulting on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies and source data to managers/leaders. Develops feasibility studies and business plans to support new lines of products and services. Supports executive staff and committees in the development, analysis a communication of cost saving strategies and budgets and in the research of financial, operation and variance issues.
- Minimum of six (6) years' related experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of several or all of the following:
General finance theories and methodologies, discounted cash flow analysis, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility studies, large scale business planning, financial modeling and project management.
- Expert proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong consulting skills.
- Able to work independently; accountable to complete work assignments.
- May provide project supervision to junior staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Understanding of continuing care finance including: Outside medical services, SNF, DME, and Home Health/Hospice.
- Strong data analytic skills and understanding of financial reporting systems - Cognos, Tableau and internal NCAL KP systems: Tapestry, HiFi, FinStat, AOMS
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.