Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Legal Administrative Assistant IVLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 784700 Date posted: 05/15/2019
Provides administrative and operational clerical support to Legal & Government Relations department attorneys, managers and/or staff. Responsibilities may include answering phones and relaying messages/information to both division staff and callers; scheduling/calendaring meetings and conferences; maintaining filing systems; ordering/stocking office supplies; opening/sorting mail. Types/proofreads/composes correspondence; creates graphs and presentations; researches issues as needed.
- Provides more complex administrative support and project coordination for the department head, managers and/or staff members. Process sensitive and confidential information with the utmost judgment and tact, recognizing any legal privilege issues, time constraints and political implications: Answers phones, screens calls, takes messages, and routes to appropriate members/staff, using appropriate telephone etiquette. Greets KP visitors or outside vendors. May monitor and/or respond to routine email/inquires for others. Interacts daily with KP employees across multiple organizations and external parties.
- Manages multiple calendars and schedules/plans meetings. Arranges special events requiring solid understanding of event planning and coordination. Makes travel arrangements for the department head and/or staff members.
- Coordinates projects and updates to department documents (i.e. organization charts, department administrative policies etc.).
- Drafts complex and detailed correspondence for senior managers/directors using KP knowledge and business acumen; independently updates department documents as needed. Organizes and assembles complex legal and other documents required for briefs, responses to state and federal agencies, and subpoenas. Ensures that all mailings include all relevant parties.
- Reviews, verifies and tracks outside counsel and department expenses. Monitors and identifies administrative budget issues to include billing and payment authorization for planned expenses and special events and special events; verifies recharges across business units. Manages expense reports through KPERS.
- Coordinates administrative workflow of the department; recommends new processes as needed.
- Inputs data and maintains established database and document management systems; gathers and researches information. Maintains physical and electronic files in accordance with accepted legal practices.
- Performs other department specific duties as assigned.
- Minimum seven (7) years of administrative assistant experience supporting at the department head or executive level, or related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to learn and apply an advanced understanding of the organization and its functional policies and processes.
- Ability to manage dynamic calendars for management including event planning with external vendors.
- Advanced writing skills to compose more difficult, detailed correspondence and to recommend updates to department documents as needed.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of two or more of Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Access, depending upon department or business needs.
- Working knowledge of email and office equipment (fax, phone, copier, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Legal experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.