Manager Genetic Clinical Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Manages the regional/sub-regional genetic operations/programs of the clinical services. Ensures high quality and cost effective accessible patient care services. Monitors the competency of staff, budget, quality of work and service levels. Acts as liaison with other clinical services and regulatory agencies.
- Develops, implements and ensures high quality and cost effective clinical genetics services. Develops and monitors the quality assurance program, assesses clinical services developmental needs for short and long range plans.
- Manages human resources. Hires, orients, coaches, evaluates and facilitates conflict resolution for clinical genetics staff, including genetic counseling supervisor/genetic counselors, support staff, computer administrator. Identifies opportunities for growth and provides additional training.
- Serves as liaison between genetics clinical services and other business and operational departments such as business office, data communications, patient registration, and other clinical departments.
- Develops and monitors the clinical services budgets and staffing plan. Identifies opportunities to reduce costs, change staffing mix, and improve services. Ensures staff complies with established policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Manages the departments clinical caseload. Ensures accessibility and timely services. Provides clinical expertise for the more complex cases. Identifies service and operational problems and issues.
- Provides project management support to identify research, develop and implement solutions. Oversees the implementation of new services, procedures, and computer systems and changes. Ensures programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates programs between departments and services. Creates and maintains department trends and statistics. Identifies areas which require additional support to better service their clients.
- Provides genetic counseling services for all areas of medical genetics, including pediatric, prenatal, adult, and cancer referrals. Assesses recurrence risks and recommends medical or genetic testing based on analysis off the risk, benefit, and cost. Ensures membership service complaints are investigated and action taken.
- Participates in the development of regional clinical policies and procedures, and administers programs. Develops and manages departmental safety regulations and training.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a genetic counselor.
- Masters degree in Genetic Counseling.
- Genetic Counselor License (California) required at hire
- Genetic Counselor Certificate
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Computer experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements.
- Demonstrated program management skills required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest