Managerial Consultant IV- Regional Portfolio Management Office-
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Promotes learning in others by proactively providing and/or developing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and members; builds relationships with cross-functional/external stakeholders and customers. Listens to, seeks, and addresses performance feedback; proactively provides actionable feedback to others and to managers. Pursues self-development; creates and executes plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; leads by influencing others through technical explanations and examples and provides options and recommendations. Adopts new responsibilities; adapts to and learns from change, challenges, and feedback; demonstrates flexibility in approaches to work; champions change and helps others adapt to new tasks and processes. Facilitates team collaboration to support a business outcome.
- Completes work assignments autonomously and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area and business knowledge to generate creative solutions; encourages team members to adapt to and follow all procedures and policies. Collaborates cross-functionally and/or externally to achieve effective business decisions; provides recommendations and solves complex problems; escalates high-priority issues or risks, as appropriate; monitors progress and results. Supports the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; identifies resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines. Identifies, speaks up, and capitalizes on improvement opportunities across teams; uses influence to guide others and engages stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
- Serves as a consultant to ensure the alignment, buy-in, and coordination of diverse stakeholders to drive the implementation of strategic business initiatives and projects/programs across one or more functional tracks or workstreams by identifying and ensuring representation and inclusion of appropriate stakeholders; building rapport and partnerships with stakeholder teams, third party vendors, and executive management; working with stakeholders to develop goals and set the prioritization of deliverables; developing a menu of solutions for ambiguous requests; discussing involvement of business processes (e.g. change management, communication) and facilitating decisions necessary for the delivery of business initiatives; communicating tough issues to stakeholders while maintaining an independent perspective; and making formal presentations and providing reports to various executive level audiences.
- Drives business strategy, organizational alignment, and prioritization of business initiatives by working closely with executives to facilitate the development, refinement, and articulation of the business strategy; defining, developing, and evaluating performance metrics, standards, and methods to establish business success; developing strategic roadmaps for solution development and deployment; collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives to ensure cohesive and reachable metrics; refining strategic plans and performance metrics as appropriate; and managing assigned initiatives or portfolio to ensure delivery of measurable results and alignment with strategic objectives.
- Leads the work of project/program team members by requesting and coordinating internal and/ or external resources based on the alignment of team member skills and project/program demands; delivering and promoting strategic vision and objectives to team members; and delivering performance feedback to team members supervisors and leadership as appropriate.
- Develops requirements for large-scale complex business, process, or system solutions within assigned or across business domain(s) by interfacing stakeholders and cross-functional teams as appropriate; leveraging multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements; developing and documenting comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, and ROI of proposed solutions; and leading team members in the development process as appropriate.
- Leads the development and implementation of business initiatives, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations across multiple domains; mapping current state against future state processes; engaging stakeholders to identify the operational needs and impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components; providing options and recommendations to executive management and business stakeholders on how to integrate solutions and deliverables with current systems and business processes across regions and domains; identifying and validating value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies; and establishing appropriate governance and workgroup infrastructures to accomplish strategic outcomes.
- Manages complex, cross-functional projects and/or programs by coordinating stakeholders; recommending or assigning team resources based on project needs and team member strengths; consulting in the development, analysis, and management of project/program plans; collaborating on the coordination of project/program scope, schedules, and resource forecasts; proactively monitoring and identifying project/program/business initiative risks, issues, and trigger events; developing mitigation plans and strategies; and resolving or escalating risks or issues as appropriate.
- Proactively monitors and identifies client, project, program, and/or business risks, issues, and trigger events by developing mitigation plans and strategies; and resolving or escalating risks or issues as appropriate.
- Designs and leads change management plans associated with business initiatives by engaging stakeholders to obtain support and buy in for changes; partnering with executive management, project/program champions, and business owners to communicate and align improvement initiatives with business objectives; identifying appropriate change management method and approach; and ensuring stakeholders embrace a change management mindset, understand intent and purpose, and foster a culture of change.
- Drives the assessment of strategic performance metrics to support business initiatives by working closely with data analytic teams to translate business requirements into analytic specifications; identifying appropriate data analysis tools and approach to assess business performance; determining suitable data gathering and analysis methods (e.g., process observation, hard data, etc.); defining data requirements and obtaining customer agreements, including customer requirements as appropriate; conducting advanced statistical analyses and/or testing to evaluate the effectiveness of business solutions; and identifying and alleviating risks through data-driven analysis.
- Serves as an advocate for continuous learning and professional development by keeping abreast of industry practices, standards, and benchmarks; attending and participating in roadshows, conferences, training seminars, and/or speaking events as appropriate; contributing to the ongoing enhancement and innovation of consulting practices, standards, and methods across KP; serving as an advocate to ensure continuous learning and improvement is championed as a people strategy; providing training and guidance to stakeholders as appropriate; and providing ongoing coaching to build a continuous improvement mindset and build capabilities that drive results.
- Supports vendor management as required by assisting with reviews of vendor performance levels; ensuring service level agreements are met; managing vendor invoices; and partnering with Procurement and/or Legal to develop service level and/or scope of work agreements as appropriate.
- Monitors compliance of work activities by ensuring business plans and team members adhere to KP, departmental, and/or business line policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university and Minimum six (6) years experience in consulting, project management, data analytics, operations or a directly related field OR Masters degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Health Services Administration, or related field and Minimum four (4) years experience in consulting, project management, data analytics, operations or a directly related field OR Minimum nine (9) years experience in consulting, project management, data analytics, operations or a directly related field.
- Two (2) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Four (4) years experience implementing large or complex projects or programs, including designing and evaluating for scale based on the size of implementation.
- Two (2) years facilitating meetings with work teams or management.
- Two (2) years experience in change management.
- Four (4) years experience consulting in a strategic capacity on highly complex or highly visible projects, programs, or initiatives.
- Four (4) years experience consulting with senior leaders at the VP level or above.
- Four (4) years expereince conducting ROI analysis and quantifying value of business initiatives.
- Four (4) years experience working for an external consulting firm.
- Four (4) years experience working for a management consulting firm.
- Two (2) years experience working with advanced Power Point features.
- Four (4) years experience developing and delivering executive communications.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Health Services Administration, or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent project/program management certification.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.