Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Managerial Senior Consultant - Portfolio ManagementLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 718342 Date posted: 09/11/2018
- Leads, makes significant contributions, &/or provides technical leadership to high visibility management projects to identify & resolve issues of strategic importance
- Interfaces regularly w/ senior management to produce timely & valuable results
- Sets the strategic direction of management projects
- Determines goals & priorities w/ management team sponsors
- Establishes team membership & negotiates time commitments & resources
- Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach, & work plan
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants when used
- Designs research plans for data gathering & analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analysis & developing action plans accordingly
- Produces or oversees development of written materials for senior executives & other key clients
- Plans & facilitates meetings
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences
- Assists as needed in planning & coordinating w/ other ongoing teams & projects to maximize effectiveness
- Participates in the development & management of the department including coaching, recruiting, and conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts & other departmental activities
- Minimum five (5) years of experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrate ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data systems.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations and/or business of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible practice area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT) Department: Regional Portfolio Management Office (RPMO) Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.