Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Marketing DirectorLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 753421 Date posted: 12/05/2018
Provides oversight and/or leads major projects that inform the growth and market strategies essential to KP's revenue, membership and margin goals. Strategic Market Planning Managers provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, market research, deep data analysis & programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) review/approve strategic recommendations. Incumbents would manage teams whose work includes membership forecasts & goals, strategies to achieve membership, revenue & margin goals, market research findings, competitive intelligence insights. Selects, develops, evaluates, coaches, and advises personnel.
- Works with director to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team.
- Provides oversight, coaching & guidance to management-level staff.
- Partners with Director and peer HealthPlan Leadership to interpret, analyze and address key business issues and questions.
- Provide operational management: be accountable for the budget and resource viability of area of responsibility.
- Recommend organization/business performance metrics and act when needed.
- Review and recommend policies to achieve customer and KP goals.
- Review and recommend direction on continuous quality improvement programs.
- Minimum ten (10) years of content/functional experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience OR Master's degree and minimum five (5) years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.