Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Masters Intern, National Patient Services-NursingLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 871398 Date posted: 02/26/2020
The mission of National Patient Care Services (NPCS) is to support Kaiser Permanente (KP) nursing leaders across all regions and collaborate with internal and external partners to enable the delivery of the highest quality and most safe patient-centered care. Our vision is to be known and recognized as trusted and valued partners in transforming nursing practice.
The selected intern will work on projects relating to Nursing across the enterprise. Projects will involve data analysis and interpretation, as well as the presentation of findings.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- An interest in healthcare and data analytics
- Superior critical thinking and communication skills
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program focused on Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or Public Health
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.