MRI Technologist II - 32 hours
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Performs patient studies according to set protocol including placing specified coil close to area of interest.
• Operates imaging and other equipment devices so that quality diagnostic services are provided, including keying commands to specify scan sequences into computer, adjusting transmitters and receivers, and keying in data on keyboard of camera to photograph images.
• Interviews patient to explain magnetic resonance imaging procedures to address patient concerns and exhibits a high degree of tact, courtesy and poise when interacting with patients, staff, and visitors.
• Ensures patient and staff safety, including explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, alerting staff of danger or carrying metal around magnet, and monitoring patients via closed circuit TV.
• Orients new hires and trains MRI Technologist, students, trainees.
• Trains MRI Technologists I in MRI procedures.
• May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employees in absence of MRI Supervising Technologist.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Have two (2) years of Regular (twenty (20) hours or more per week) continuous recent experience as a MRI Technologist and be fully proficient in all the duties required of a MRI Technologist II to the satisfaction of the department manager.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Venipuncture Certificate (must be obtained with 6 months of hire).
- CRT - California Radiologic Technologist License.
- BLS required.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in teaching other Technologists.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employee.
- Must be fully proficient in MRI to the full satisfaction of the department manager and have knowledge of the required protocols in performing complex MRI procedures.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- ARRT certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.