Consulting Services & Project/Program Management (Non-IT)
Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Practice SpecialistLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 926520 Date posted: 01/08/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Recognized content expert in area relevant to the work of the Dept. Oversees project work & staff on work related to area of expertise. Responsible for providing relevant content expertise to project leads & staff in support of project work. Builds & maintains key relationships w/ clients & departmental staff as appropriate. Acts as thought partner to project Mrgs & provides expert advice on specific area of expertise. Provides leadership for the delivery high of quality & cost-effective consulting srvs/products to issues of key organizational importance.
- Effectively leads project team on work related to specific area of expertise. Provides leadership for the design, development, & implementation of projects related to their area of expertise. Manages the work of all project participants, including outside consultants & other Dept staff, when used. Serves as a content expert for responsible area of expertise.
- Provides assistance & advice to others in support of project work. May provide expert consultation to multiple projects at any given time. Effectively interfaces w/ clients to reach mutually acceptable agreements around project scope, objectives, deliverables, timeframes & outcomes. Effectively facilitates interactions w/ clients & stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides leadership & direction in accordance w/ the overall strategic direction of the Dept & organization. Develops clear project plan that allows teams to achieve desired outcomes. Monitors plan on an ongoing basis & proactively adjusts, as necessary, to resolve barriers &/or issues. Oversees work to ensure high quality deliverables & adherence to timeframes & budget (when applicable).
- Proactively identifies links between specialty work & broader organizational priorities & goals. Identifies areas where specialty expertise may enhance work of Dept. Effectively recognizes opportunities to enhance project work &/or achieve desired objectives by collaborating w/ staff outside their area of expertise & acts accordingly. Contributes to a team environment that encourages collaboration, supports receiving & providing feedback & encourages participation from all levels of staff.
- Adapts Mgmt style as appropriate to meet needs of a particular situation or team resulting in optimal performance. Actively provides feedback to staff in support of individual staff development. Encourages staff participation in non-project related activities that support culture & values of the Dept & individual development. Models behavior that staff wants to emulate. Communicates in a manner that is proactive, timely, influential, persuasive & effective resulting in mutually acceptable agreements. Ensures that all communications produced under his/her direction are timely & of high quality.
- Participates in the development & Mgmt of Dept staff through coaching, providing & encouraging feedback, consistent application of Dept policies & procedures, conducting project based performance reviews, & other departmental activities. Participates in development of staff through the sharing of new techniques & problem solving approaches specific to their area of expertise. Participates in the development & implementation of Dept-wide activities that support the culture & values of the Dept.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate & change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in field of expertise required by department.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, operations research, public health, health administration or other related
field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated expertise in a field of relevant to the work of the department.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration. Knowledge of computer applications and knowledge of data systems.
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix management environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including Medical Group and/or Labor Partners.
- Demonstrated understanding and general knowledge of healthcare industry and health policy trends.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in managing project staff including administration of departmental policies and guidelines, project based performance reviews and coaching.
- Kaiser Permanente knowledge preferred.
Knowledgeable with NCQA standards
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!