Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
National Communications Undergraduate InternLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 771605 Date posted: 02/12/2019
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
National Communications advances the mission and strategy of Kaiser Permanente by promoting and protecting our brand and reputation, aligning and activating our people, and engaging with key stakeholders. Our department is comprised of six key core teams: strategy communications, reputation management, enterprise communications, CEO communications, content and digital channels, and communications excellence. The Communications intern would have an exciting opportunity to rotate across each core team in the department, gaining hands-on experience that will position them for a successful career in the field of communications.
The Communications intern would have an exciting opportunity to rotate across each core team in the department, gaining hands-on experience that will position them for a successful career in the field of communications. Various projects with rotating assignments across each core team in the department. Project types include: - Developing and/or implementing communications plans and tactics for special and strategic projects (e.g., Kaiser Permanente's 75 anniversary, Community Health program communications) - Partnering with public relations and social media for external communications and announcements - Compiling communications strategy reports for the Kaiser Permanente CEO and working in partnership to help execute on possible external engagement - Project management development and exposure, sharing strategic thinking on the communications program management function. - Special project identified and framed by the intern that will help the Communications department successfully deliver on Kaiser Permanente-s mission and strategy.
Desired Skill Set:
- Excellent writing and editing skills for copy to be published across mediums. - Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint. - Demonstrated project and time management skills. - Ability to work with executives who lead a complex organization. - Ability to work collaboratively on a team with professional communicators.
Basic Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.