National Proposal Consultant IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Proposal Development Consultants manage multiple simultaneous renewal requests for National Accounts, and respond to requests for information (RFIs), periodic surveys by major employee benefit consulting firms, and inquiries from KP staff and outside publishers. In the process, Proposal Consultants at various levels develop and communicate the information and the market positioning of Kaiser Permanente. Proposal Consultants provide customer-centric answers to frequently asked questions, and review answers provided by all Kaiser Permanente Regional Health Plans to ensure quality. The Proposal Consultants will also undertake a number of critical projects essential to support the sales and marketing needs of the business, while working independently or in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Product and other Health Plan and Medical Group professionals.
• Successfully lead efforts to win new business and retain existing National Accounts for KP and affiliates. Facilitate cross-functional, cross-regional teams to identify key strategic and tactical issues, create solutions, and implement actions regarding National RFPs/RFIs.
• Manage and develop multiple RFPs/RFIs of high to extremely high level of complexity simultaneously for renewing and prospective National, Strategic California, and Multi-Regional Major Accounts, which includes: documenting and disseminating national employer requirements to Regional Health Plans; collaborating independently with Executive Management, account staff, underwriters, subject matter experts and local market proposal managers to ensure constant communication regarding status of RFPs, roles and responsibilities, market specifications for proposals, and successful outcomes from proposals; set timelines and negotiate deadlines both internally and externally; procure missing information, review, edit, and rewrite as necessary; ensure that information not approved by National Accounts leadership is not released; manage the submission of rate proposals and supporting documents to national customers; coordinate and submit follow-up information/materials as needed.
• The Senior National Proposal Consultant will serve as a project lead on large, extremely complex RFPs supervising the work of other more junior consultants.
• The Senior Proposal Consultant will provide direction and oversight to analysts/consultants and team members and assigned components of project work. Job Description Region: Program Offices Job Code: 00824 Printed on: 12/2/2020 14:43:13 PM Page 2 of 4
• Engage and manage a wide range of long and short term very complex and highly visible multi-faceted projects critical to the sales and marketing business goals of the enterprise, and specifically National Accounts. The Senior Proposal Consultant will support key initiatives of Senior Program Sales and Marketing Program Offices leadership, the Vice President of National Accounts, National Accounts Directors and Managers, collaborating and working independently with these individuals. Responsible for setting strategic direction of projects and developing project plans. Projects will be broad in scope and commensurate with experience, but it is expected the Senior Proposal Consultant will develop and exercise additional skills in the course of completing projects.
• Plans and facilitates cross-functional meetings. Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences. Establishes procedures regarding implementation of project outcomes. Assesses project impact on workforce. Motivates team members to ensure successful outcomes.
• The Senior Proposal Consultant provides guidance, support, training and mentoring to junior Proposal Consultants, Project Coordinators, seasonal contractors, and interns. The Senior Proposal Consultant develops training materials and train more junior consultants, contracts and interns. The Senior Proposal Consultant provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues, and will cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. It is expected the Senior Proposal Consultant will take a higher volume workload and more complex RFPs and projects than less seasoned staff.
• The Senior Proposal Consultant will have direct management of Project Coordinators, production staff, multiple seasonal contractors and possibly interns.
- Minimum six (6) years of related experience and/or a minimum four (4) years of direct proposal management experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- PMP certification or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large complex cross-functional sales, marketing, product development or related projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact smoothly and effectively with a variety of functions and management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to solve large complex problems under deadline pressure.
- Proven ability to analyze project risks and implement mitigation strategies in real time.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines consistently.
- Excellent analytical and research skills demonstrated on large complex projects.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, practices or standards.
- Considered a RFP expert.
- Strong motivation to learn, willingness to be an open minded, creative team leader.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Presentation experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.