Nurse Practitioner II - OC Emergency
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities. Participates in nursing research activities as requested. Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a nurse practitioner.
- Two (2) years (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing specialized care for patients in an emergency department or urgent care setting.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permanente employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008)
- Completion of a Masters Program in Family Practice NP or Acute Care NP required. If only caring for specific patient population of adult or pediatrics then Acute Adult NP or Acute Pediatric NP required.
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate (California)
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number (California)
- Basic Life Support
- National Provider Identifier
- Provider Transaction Access Number (Medicare)
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (Masters Degree in
- Nursing and National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners;
- American Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing
- Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.)
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.