Nurse Practitioner II Primary CareOakland, California & Additional Locations
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Nurse Practitioner II Primary Care
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service and to the Department Manager.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities. Participates in nursing research activities as requested. Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a nurse practitioner.
- One (1) year (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing care for adults (>18 years of age), including preventive care and follow-up for patients with chronic health care problems.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permanente employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008)
- Completion of a Masters Program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP, Acute Care NP or Geriatric NP required.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (Masters Degree in Nursing and National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; American Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.)
- Candidates must meet requirements to apply for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number) at the time of hire and apply within 30 days of hire
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Alameda Medical Offices, 2417 Central Ave., Alameda,California, 94501
Oakland Broadway Medical Offices, 3701 Broadway, Oakland,California, 94611
Berkeley Medical Offices, 2621 10th St., Berkeley,California, 94710 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:15 AM Working Hours End: 04:45 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A10|NNU|California Nurse's Association Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Nurse Practitioner Department: Oakland Hospital - Adult Primary Care-Unit B - 0206 Pay Range: $96.30 - $114.40 / hour The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation’s best
Every hospital that’s part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report’s annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We’re proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We’re thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they’ve done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.