A Focus on Excellence
Understanding the critical importance of eye health, our optical team members provide patients with outstanding services and care.
Optometrist - On CallLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Richmond Medical Office 2 901 Nevin Ave., 901 Nevin Ave., Richmond,California, 94801 Job Number: 809532 Date posted: 07/29/2019
- Performs minimum as well as appropriate additional testing as needed based on the specific needs of each patient.
- Adequately documents findings.
- Is proficient in the use and interpretation of standard ophthalmic equipment.
- These include but are not limited to retinoscopy, subjective refraction, lensometry, visual fields, mobility and pupil testing, slit lamp examination, direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy, gonioscopy, fundus contact lens, tear function testing, Amsler grid, confrontation fields, etc.
- Accurately interprets data from clinical exam.
- Makes sound clinical diagnoses.
- Takes appropriate actions(s) to take care of patients' chief complaint(s) and ensure ocular health and visual needs are met.
- Clearly documents impressions and clinical action plan in the chart including referrals to other providers, long term medical management and/or optical and therapeutic prescriptions dispensed.
- Uses tests and procedures as described above designed to detect and appropriately manager disorders common to the elderly such as glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Actively communicates with optical, ophthalmology, support staff and fellow OD teams to optimize quality and clinical care and service to patients.
- Teams with optical staff and ophthalmologists to ensure most timely and convenient service given to patient when their services are needed.
- Attends and contributes to staff meetings to keep up with events and policy changes.
- Identifies and reports system problems that result in waste and poor services; identifies possible solutions.
- Maintains all licensing and job requirements (CE, CPR, safety training, PPD)
- Dictates/writes referral and information letters to other providers or agencies, as appropriate, or otherwise communicates with parents, teachers or other providers as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties such as completing school forms, DMV, FAA and other like documents.
- Work and coordinate concerns in a designated location.
- Direct and oversee daily operations and report to the local Chief of Optometry or exempt designee.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- OD degree from an accredited School of Optometry.
- Current California Optometric License.
- Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents (T.P.A.) required for external employees hired after November 2009 (TPA is not required for internal applicants).
- Meets all of the specifications of staff Optometrist.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Vision Services Careers
Our focus on total health extends to one of our most important senses: our sight. As a member of our vision services team, you'll contribute to our members' comprehensive eye care and individual style by supporting them with a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, optical sales, laser vision correction, intraocular lens implantation, cataract surgery, and more. Working directly with members, you'll promote vision health and a positive outlook as you contribute to our collaborative team.
From providing great medical care from trusted Kaiser Permanente Ophthalmologists and Optometrists, to supporting that with a great selection of eyewear at our Optical Centers — often in the same convenient location — our Vision Essentials team makes sure our members feel, see, and look their best.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.