PhD Intern, Center for Population HealthLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 856830 Date posted: 01/10/2020
*Summer 2020 Internship
The Population Health team works to improve KP-s ability to monitor and improve population health, supporting member health assessment, population and individual care management, member engagement, risk stratification and prediction, reporting, surveillance, and research.
This intern will have the opportunity to partner with care delivery experts to develop and implement member/patient health assessments to assess overall health, functional, risk status, social needs and upstream determinants of health. In partnership with the Senior Director, Center for Population Health, the primary work will entail analyzing data from multiple different types of member health surveys, e.g., member and community health and well-being survey designed to be a potential source for member and community health aims; and analyzing individual and community level social determinants data for potential utility in prediction and triage.
We are looking for someone that takes initiative; wants to learn and works hard; background in public and population health, strong written, verbal, analytical and problem solving skills including proficiency in excel and basic SAS programming skills.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- Open to Master's candidates, but strongly prefer PhD.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.