Planning & Design Staff Project Manager
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Talented healthcare planning and design professionals, come join our innovative team to develop groundbreaking concepts in healthcare planning and design. Our architects and planners lead research and initiatives on topics they are passionate about, and use resources like the Garfield Innovation Center, the Tustin Ranch Innovation Center, and the Center for Total Health, to test our designs and get comprehensive feedback from multiple sets of end users. In addition, Kaiser’s emphasis on diversity, growth opportunities, work/life balance, and our robust benefits package consistently put us among the best places to work. Qualified candidates are experienced in partnering with clinical and operational experts and senior leaders, in building and site planning, in design component development, in software including Bluebeam, Revit and advanced Excel functions, and in mentoring associate staff.
• Responsible for all phases (planning, scheduling and managing) of the design and construction process of a complex construction or refurbishment project generally in the range of $50 million to $100 million in cumulative budget responsibility.
• Secures management support for project scopes budgets, and goals.
• Negotiates with local and state jurisdictions.
• Defines project parameters in terms of time, money, physical objectives and outside constraints.
• Oversees, develops and manages a project team comprised of facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule.
• Leads team(s) in establishing scope, budget and schedule, and maintains such commitments through design, construction, and close-out processes.
• Supervises on-site Design and Construction teams, communicating goals and project status with facility leadership.
• Evaluates and provides guidance during all planning stages of medical and regional facilities including making economic comparisons of development schemes, recommending options in conformance to master plan.
• Negotiates fees and business decisions for contracts with professional contractors.
• Reviews and approves consultant and contractor invoices, and approves change orders to contract documents.
• Ensures Facilities Services goals for client service are continuously met through the design and construction process.
• Ensures that projects are completed in compliance with Kaiser standards for quality/functionality and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Leads and manages timely procurement for all permits required by regulatory authorities.
- Minimum ten (10) years of total experience.
- Bachelor's degree or certification in architecture, engineering, construction or project management or related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Functional Knowledge&Skills:
- Working knowledge of principles of architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to real estate and land development and health facility projects; local entitlement and permitting processes, to include compliance with DEQA; Specific knowledge of OSHPD (in California) and similar regulatory agencies practices/ policies/ procedures in other states.
- Professional license/registration/certification preferred.